Working for the District
The District is a regional leader in sustainable water management and is the trusted source of high-quality water for the local community.
Scotts Valley located amidst the redwood forests in the western Santa Cruz mountains is a small suburban community with a proud link to its past. A gateway to high-tech and natural wonders, it is just 30 minutes from San Jose's Silicon Valley and 6 miles from beautiful Santa Cruz beaches. Scotts Valley offers a thriving community with small-town values, excellent schools, low crime rates, a mild climate and lovely residential neighborhoods. The community places a high value on livability, innovation and planning for the future. The Scotts Valley Water District is proud to play a vital role in supporting these efforts by providing a reliable, high-quality water supply.
The water industry relies on a wide variety of skills, aptitudes and interest to fulfill its mission of providing safe and high-quality water service. Possible career tracks include water treatment and distribution, engineering, water use efficiency, utility billing, community relations, public finance and administration. The minimum qualifications for many of the job classifications are a high school diploma supplemented by vocational/industrial training or a few years of work experience.
Scotts Valley Water District is a high-performance organization with a vision of converting problems to solutions. We nurture collaboration, strive for efficiencies and look for people who want to make a difference. Equally important to the acquired skills and knowledge is a positive outlook, willingness to challenge the status quo and the ability to learn and grow with the team.
- Vacation - up to 2 years: 16 days; 2 through 7 years: 21 days; and over 7 years: 26 days
- Holidays - 13 days
- Sick Leave - 7 days
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance coverage is provided for employee and eligible dependents
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS) - PEPRA 2% at 62 / Classic 2% at 55
- 457 Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance plans
- Organization Chart
- Compensation Plan
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Employee Handbook
- Job Application
- Accounting Technician / Specialist
- Administrative Office Assistant
- Executive Assistant / Board Clerk
- Electrical Instrumentation Technician / Senior
- Electrician Instrumentation Technician
- Engineering Technician
- Finance and Customer Service Manager
- Lead Water Facilities Operator
- Operations Manager
- Projects and Programs Assistant
- Special Projects Manager
- Utility Service Representative Field
- Utility Service Technician / Specialist
- Water Facilities Operator I / II
- Water Facilities Operation III
- Water Operations Supervisor
Government Compensation in California
To enhance government transparency, the California State Controller's website publishes a single statewide database that provides salary and benefit information for cities, counties, special districts and state government.