:: Conservation Corner
Effective Immediately, all potable water customers are asked to reduce their consumption by 20%
The entire State and County and our Board of Directors is asking everyone to reduce water use by 20%. Savings we make now will preserve our aquifers for the coming months.
It all makes a difference and is appreciated. See our tips in the orange ad above and let us know if we can help you save water.
Call our Water Use Efficiency Staff at 600-1907.
There are no more Ivy Rain Barrels available to order from the District this time of year. We order them in November.
You may buy them online for $169 or shop locally at SV Sprinkler and Pipe (SV), Pro Build (San Lorenzo Lumber) on River St. (SC), or Alladin Nursery in Corralitos.
Our rebate is 25 cents per gallon for rainwater catchment.
Our Water Wise Ordinance is in effect all year round, and includes:
- No spray irrigation between the hours of 10am and 5pm.
- No spraying down hardscapes- driveways, sidewalks, pathways, etc.
- No leaks, run-off or overspray. Irrigation must be maintained
Here is our
Rebate Application Form.
Please read and complete both sides if you would like to apply for a rebate for:
- Water efficient washer or toilet
- Remove or reduce your lawn
- Remove or reduce hardscape that causes run-off
- Install a smart controller or low-volume irrigation, or grey or rainwater harvesting
For Cabrillo Extension Class Sponsorships or free Waterwise House Calls contact email@example.com
(831) 600-1907, from 9am- 6pm M-F.
“And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.”
- John Steinbeck, East of Eden
:: Our Mailing Address Has Changed!
Our mailing address has changed! We are no longer accepting mail at our PO Box so please mail all future correspondence to our physical address at 2 Civic Center Drive Scotts Valley, CA 95066.
:: Important Notice - Effective July 1, 2014!
Message from General Manager
2014 - 2015 Payment Calendar
:: Start/Stop Water Service!
Start Service - Owner
Simply download the appropriate form below and send it to our office!
Start Service - Non-Owner
:: Residential Water Wise Usage Chart!
Average Residential Use
:: Online Bill Payment!
Click the link bar below to view your water bill and use a credit card to pay your water bill online.
You may also sign up for automatic recurring payments through your online account. Click here
for instructions on getting started.
Please contact us if you would like more information!
:: Learn three ways to stabilize or reduce your water bill
1. Check for Leaks:
- By finding and checking the movement of the dial on your water meter. If there is no water running and your meter is- you have a leak.
- You can use our free home dye strips to test your toilets to see if they are leaking from the flapper (this can be a silent leak).
- If you don't want to do these yourself, call us for a Water Wise House Call- free for all of our customers. House Calls take about an hour and include free water saving devices. Call 438-2363 to schedule.
2. Use our
Water Use Forecaster
to see specifically how much water you are using with each fixture and appliance. You can also use it to anticipate your next bill or create a water budget. Your bill now has a bar graph that shows you how much water you've used in the last two years. You can log onto your account and look at your historical water use as far back as 1997.
3. Take Advantage of our Water-saving Rebates
for washers, toilets and now- six landscaping rebates- lawn and impervious pavement removal, and installation of drip irrigation, smart irrigation controllers, graywater or rainwater harvesting!
Sunset Magazine, move over!
See: watersavingtips.org and start making your waterwise plant wish list and get ideas about attractive, local landscapes.
EPA WaterSense Products:
Look for the EPA WaterSense label on 1.28 gallon per flush (GPF) toilets (or lower) and other water-saving products.
Twenty Gallon Challenge
Find ways to reduce your water bill by 20 gallons per day. Email us the tips that worked best and show a reduction in your water bill for the same time last year to be entered into our rain barrel drawing!