Water Saving Challenge
Customers can enter for a chance to win prizes — including water bill credit — by lowering their water use this summer! Take part in the Water Saving Challenge on WaterSmart starting June 1. The four-month program encourages District customers to aim for a 15% (or more) water reduction from the same period the prior year.
- Monthly raffle prize: either a $100 water bill credit or a choice of a gift certificate from a Scotts Valley business
- Grand prize: either a $500 water bill credit or a choice of a gift certificate from a Scotts Valley business
Scotts Valley receives all its water supply from underground aquifers that are recharged by rainfall. The area has received just 65% of normal rainfall this year and the region is in a drought. Because we can not predict if next year will also be dry, we must prepare now and slow our water use to preserve our water supply.
All District potable water account holders, who have had water service at least for a year and achieve at least 15% reduction in water use in comparison with the same period prior year, are eligible to enter the Water Saving Challenge. To be eligible for grand prize, the customers have to achieve 15% savings and submit entries in all four months.
Log Into WaterSmart to Participate
Follow these steps to track your water use on WaterSmart
- Monitor your water use throughout the summer months: June, July, August, September
- Check to see if you are on track to achieve 15% reduction from the same period last year
- Have you had an i-Meter for at least a year? Track monthly GPD (gallons per day) for each month by accessing the "Track / Your Seasonal Use" feature