The District is staying on top of all COVID-19 related updates. Ensuring the safety of tap water is our top priority. While the District will continue to monitor the situation, customers should be aware of the following information:
- The coronavirus has no impact on the quality or supply of tap water. As always, tap water is both available and safe.
- While it’s advisable to stock bottled water at home in case of emergencies, the District does not expect this health outbreak to disrupt water services.
- The District is committed to providing its customers with safe and reliable water. The District uses chlorine to eliminate pathogens, which includes viruses. This ensures safe drinking water for all District customers.
- The District delivers water of the highest quality and meets all stringent state and federal drinking water requirements. This information is detailed in the 2018 Water Quality Report, available at https://www.svwd.org/sites/default/files/documents/reports/2018CCR.pdf
- The District conducts more than 10,000 water quality tests annually to ensure the water meets rigorous drinking water standards. The District performs tests with highly skilled staff at a state-certified laboratory.