Requests for Proposals: 2020 Urban Water Management Plan for San Lorenzo Valley Water District & Scotts Valley Water District
Date Issued: 09/17/2020
Closing Date: 10/08/2020 before 3:00 p.m.
The San Lorenzo Valley Water District (SLVWD) and the Scotts Valley Water District (SVWD) are seeking proposals from qualified firms to complete a joint 2020 Urban Water Management Plan for both of its water systems.
The UWMP is a public planning document required of urban water suppliers every five years to ensure that adequate water supplies are available to meet existing and future water demands. This UWMP will be in full compliance with the California Urban Water Management Planning Act, as codified in the California Water Code and the Department of Water Resources’ (DWR) 2020 Urban Water Management Plan Guidebook or Water Suppliers and will meet the July 1, 2021 submittal deadline.
The Consultant will:
- provide a full range of services necessary for develop a complete UWMP that meets the needs of SLVWD and SVWD, including but not limited to: water production and consumption data gathering, review and analysis; population and demographic analysis; demand projection development; system supply analysis; water supply reliability assessment; water shortage contingency planning (WSCP) updates; demand management measure analysis; and climate change impact analysis
- key sections such as the standardized tables and water shortage contingency plan components will be developed individually for each agency.
- make several presentations to both agencies Board of Directors and the regularly scheduled Board meetings, either in person or via video conference in order to olicit Board and public input well in advance of developing a final draft UWMP.
- assist SLVWD and SVWD with making the required notifications to other local agencies and public hearing notifications
- will assure that electronic versions of the plan meet the specifications of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and be fully available to people with disabilities.
- submit the adopted UWMP electronically using the reporting system established by the DWR.
Submit questions, technical or otherwise, pertaining to this request for proposals (RFP) usising the email button. Refer to complete RFP documents for detailed instructions and requirements. The District is not responsible for lost or misdirected e-mail communications.
Digital submission is preferred. Submit a digital copy of the proposal in .pdf format using the email button.
Proposals must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. local time on October 8, 2020 at the office of:
Scotts Valley Water District
2 Civic Center Drive
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Attn: Piret Harmon
Re: 2020 Urban Water Management Plan