Water Waste

Preventing water waste is critical to ensuring our water security. You or your neighbor may not even be aware that a sprinkler is broken. Your action in reporting leaks is helpful to both the property owner and our community. You are saving your neighbor money by reporting their water waste.

We rely on community members to act as water champions by reporting everything from breaks in our system main lines to a neighborhood hose running down a driveway. Anonymous tips may be left below. We only follow up with you personally on a request basis. Please be as specific as possible as to the time, date, location and type of problem. Photos are appreciated and helpful but are required.

Report Water Waste

Water Waste Policy

What To Do If You've Been Cited for Water Waste

If an SVWD staff member has dropped off a citation tag to your home or business, the following procedure is followed:

You have 24 hours to communicate to us that you received the tag and propose a timely remedy for the situation.

If you do not communicate within 24 hours that you received the notice, we will then notify you in writing. Letters will be sent to the account holder and whether they occupy the building or not, they will be held responsible for the irrigation system.

If we do not hear from you within 7 days of the postmark of the email and/or letter, you may be immediately fined up to $500 per calendar day for every account affected and/or have any of your water service(s) turned off on-site and be charged a re-connection fee. These fees will be added to your water account and are due in full at the same time as your regular water bill.

That being said, we do not want to issue any fines and know that many people are not aware of water waste on their property. For example, an irrigation system that turns on at night or while on vacation can malfunction. At the same time, each customer is responsible to use water efficiently. We will work with you to negotiate a timely plan to fix whatever the leak problem is. Communication is essential to avoid any financial penalties.

If you have any questions regarding any reporting or responding to a water waste situation, please call (831) 600-1907.  Or Contact Us via Email