Working for the District
Scotts Valley Water District serves as a regional leader in sustainable water management and is the trusted source of high-quality water for our local community.
Scotts Valley located amidst the redwood forests in the western Santa Cruz mountains is a small suburban community with a proud link to its past. A gateway to high tech and natural wonders, it is just 30 minutes from San Jose's Silicon Valley and six miles from beautiful Santa Cruz beaches. Scotts Valley offers a thriving community with small-town values, excellent schools, low crime rates, a mild climate, and lovely residential neighborhoods. The community places a high value on livability, innovation, and planning for the future, and the Scotts Valley Water District is proud to play a vital role in supporting those efforts by providing a reliable, high-quality water supply.
Water industry relies on a wide variety of skills, aptitudes, and interest to fulfill its mission of providing safe and high-quality water service. Possible career tracks include water treatment and distribution, engineering, water use efficiency, utility billing, community relations, public finance, and administration. The minimum qualifications for many of the job classifications are high school diploma supplemented by vocational/industrial training or a few years of work experience.
Scotts Valley Water District is a high-performance organization with a vision of converting problems to solutions. We nurture collaboration, strive for efficiencies and look for people who want to make a difference. Equally important to the acquired skills and knowledge is a positive outlook, willingness to challenge the status quo, and the ability to learn and grow with the team.
- Sick Leave - 12 days a year
- Holidays - 12.5 days a year
- Vacation - up to 2 years 10 days; 2 through 7 years 15 days; and over 7 years 20 days
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance coverage is provided for employee and eligible dependents
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS) - New Members 2% at 62 / Classic Members 2% at 55
- 457 Deferred Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance plans.
Employment Information Links
- Organizational Chart
- Job Descriptions
- Salary Schedule
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) SVWD and SVWD Employees Union
- Employee Handbook
- Employment Application
State Controller's Office - Government Compensation in California