Water Saving Challenge
Customers can enter for a chance to win prizes — including water bill credit — by lowering their water use this summer! Take part in the Water Saving Challenge on WaterSmart starting June 1. The four-month program encourages District customers to aim for a 15% (or more) water reduction from the same period the prior year.
- Monthly raffle prize: either a $100 water bill credit or a choice of a gift certificate from a Scotts Valley business
- Grand prize: either a $500 water bill credit or a choice of a gift certificate from a Scotts Valley business
Scotts Valley receives all its water supply from underground aquifers that are recharged by rainfall. The area has received just 65% of normal rainfall this year and the region is in a drought. Because we can not predict if next year will also be dry, we must prepare now and slow our water use to preserve our water supply.
All District potable water account holders, who have had water service for a year and achieve a 15% reduction in water use compared with the same period the prior year, are eligible to enter. To be eligible for the grand prize, achieve 15% savings and submit one entry.
Log Into WaterSmart to Participate
Follow these steps to track your water use on WaterSmart:
- Monitor your water use throughout the summer months: June, July, August, September
- Check to see if you are on track to achieve 15% reduction from the same period last year
- Have you had an i-Meter for at least a year? Track monthly GPD (gallons per day) for each month by accessing the "Track / Your Seasonal Use" feature