Closed Invitation for Bids for Projects or Services
Notice Inviting Bids: Orchard Run Water Treatment Plant: Aesthetic Water Quality Improvements.
Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit
A mandatory pre‐bid conference was held at 10:00 AM, June 4, 2020, at at the Orchard Run Water Treatment Plant located adjacent to 6508 Highway 17, Scotts Valley, California (near the intersections of Orchard Run and Polo Heights). Attendance at the pre-bid conference was mandatory for all prospective bidders.
Download Contract Documents and Construction Specifications
Category: Public Works
Date Issued: 05/22/2020
Bid Opening Date and Time: Before 2:00 p.m. 07/01/2020
Sealed bids will be accepted by Scotts Valley Water District (“District”) in the District Office at the time, date and place below for furnishing all labor, materials, equipment, and services for the construction of improvements designated as the Scotts Valley Water District Orchard Run Water Treatment Plant: Aesthetic Water Quality Improvements.
Location: Scotts Valley Water District. 2 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley CA 95066
Time: Before 2:00 PM, July 1, 2020
Bids will be publicly opened and read and referred to staff for subsequent action. The District reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any errors or discrepancies. Any bids received after the scheduled closing time for receipt of bids will be returned unopened.
The bid results will be posted here. The Contract Award is scheduled for the 07/09/20 Board of Directors Regular Monthly Meeting.
The Project involves construction of the Orchard Run Water Treatment Plant Aesthetic Water Quality Improvements project located at 6508 Los Gatos Hwy, Scotts Valley, California which includes, but is not limited to:
- Two (2) 10‐ft diameter granular activated carbon (GAC) contactors each with 20,000 pounds of GAC and a design treatment capacity of 800 gallons per minute (GPM) and connected piping.
- One (1) odor scrubber with a treatment capacity of 3,600 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and both a biological and GAC treatment stage and connected ducting and appurtenances.
- One (1) 40,000‐gallon capacity welded steel tank.
- One (1) blower with a 3,600 CFM capacity.
- Reinforced concrete foundations for the GAC contactors, odor scrubber, and welded steel tank.
- Modifications of existing process piping.
- Modifications of existing electrical, control, and chemical systems.
- Removal of existing equipment including a plate filter press, 36,000‐gallon bolted steel tank, 15,000‐gallon bolted steel tank, ammonia‐based odor scrubber, and connecting piping and appurtenances.
- Demolition of existing reinforced concrete foundations.
- Demolition of decommissioned low‐voltage electrical components.
- Miscellaneous earthwork including sheeting and shoring.
- Application of high‐performance coatings.
To submit a bid the Contractor must possess a valid State of California Class A Contractor’s License. In accordance with the provisions of California Business and Professions Code Section 7028.15, a bid submitted to the District by a Contractor who is not licensed in accordance with applicable laws shall be considered non‐responsive.
Time Limit for Completion
The successful bidder will have two hundred and seventy‐five (275) calendar days to substantially complete the Project from the Notice to Proceed. Final Completion shall occur within three hundred and twenty (320) calendar days from the Notice to Proceed.
Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit
A mandatory pre‐bid conference will be held at 10:00 AM, June 4, 2020, at at the Orchard Run Water Treatment Plant located adjacent to 6508 Highway 17, Scotts Valley, California (near the intersections of Orchard Run and Polo Heights). Attendance at the pre-bid conference is mandatory for all prospective bidders.
Prevailing Wage and Labor Code Compliance
The District hereby advises all bidders that the successful bidder shall: (a) Employ the appropriate number of apprentices on the job site as set forth in California Labor Code 1777.5.
Notice of Public Works Registration
No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public work on a public works project unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5. This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. All contractors and subcontractors must furnish electronic certified payroll records directly to the Labor Commissioner (aka Division of Labor Standards Enforcement) if required by law.
Electronic copies of all Bid Documents are available to download. All prospective bidders shall register with the District
Bidders may submit pre‐bid inquiries or clarification requests. Bidders are solely and exclusively responsible for submitting such inquiries or clarification requests not less than Fourteen (14) days prior to the scheduled closing date for the receipt of Bid Proposals.
The District will not respond to any bidder inquiries or clarification requests unless such inquiries or clarification requests are timely submitted.
Questions concerning this project should be submitted to the owner’s representative:
2530 Mission College Blvd, Suite 525
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Attn: Donald L. Ervin, Project Manager
Phone: (650) 852‐2821