|Property owners and facility managers whose sites are served with recycled water are responsible for their on-site recycled water systems. Each site must have a certified site supervisor. Site supervisors become certified by attending a workshop to fulfill their recycled water permit requirements. For information about site supervisor workshop scheduling please call Mark Henderson at (831) 254-7809. |
The workshops focus on the importance of recycled water, the site supervisor's role, guidelines for recycled water use, and an overview on how to develop and successfully manage landscapes using recycled water.
Site supervisors should:
• Be knowledgeable about recycled water and how it is manufactured.
• Be the contact person at your site.
• Be knowledgeable about the practices and procedures of using recycled water.
• Be responsible for the safe and efficient use of recycled water.
• Provide training to operations personnel.
• Maintain drawings of your site.
• Communicate all recycled water rules and regulations to operations personnel.
• Inform your retail water agency of all failures.
Some basic guidelines for recycled water use include: avoiding cross connections; maintaining proper signage; and completing annual self-inspection reports. Additional guidelines are provided in the Customer Information Manual that attendees of the workshop receive. At the workshop, SBWR staff review specific landscape development and maintenance issues, provide examples and suggestions, and answer questions.
Customer Site Inspection Form