Did you know that up to 70% of summer water use comes from landscape irrigation? We understand that keeping your yards looking beautiful is important to you and the great news is that you can have a beautiful yard that is also water efficient. We offer a variety of landscape rebates, as well as free advice along with lots of great links that will help you to have a gorgeous water-wise landscape all year round.
- Greywater and rainwater catchment (requires pre and post inspection)
- Lawn and hardscape removal (requires pre and post inspection)
- Drip irrigation conversion from spray (requires pre and post inspection)
- Smart irrigation controller (post inspection only)
Contact us for more information on these topics- (831) 600-1907 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to remove your lawn without chemicals or trucking dead grass to landfill
- How to maintain your irrigation system and prevent water waste.
- How to harvest and direct rainwater on your property.
- How to use greywater from washers, showers and tubs.
- How to find a "green" gardener
- How to see photos of real local landscapes where you can click and save the plants to your own nursery shopping list.
- How to certify your home or business as a Monterey Bay Friendly Landscape and get local nursery discounts.
Online Landscaping Resources
|Monterey Bay Friendly Landscapes
Provides home gardeners, landscape professionals and local governments with the skills and resources to create beautiful, healthy, and sustainable gardens and landscapes with the goal of reducing the impact of conventional landscape practices on the local environment.
Water Smart Gardening for Santa Cruz County
|List of 800 Low Water Using Plants
A thorough list of 800 low water use plants broken down into categories that will help you create a water-smart plant list for any landscape project.
Water Saving Tips
|Slow it, Sink it, Spread it
This link will take you to a variety of materials from our local Resource Conservation District. We recommend “Slow it, Spread it, Sink it” as the “go-to” guide on managing rainwater on your property, with local photos of swales, dry creek beds, rain gardens and rainwater harvesting projects.
From the best-selling Tucson, AZ author Brad Lancaster, this website will delight you with rainwater harvesting images, video and audio.
|Central Coast Greywater Alliance
A great regional resource with info on design, rebates, permits, installers and workshops on greywater re-use from washers, showers, or tubs.